The Caduceus, a physician's symbol...
WHAT DOCTORS DON'T TELL YOU
The Web, just like the regular world, is saturated with sales pitches for harmful products and services. There are far too many people and companies that don't care how much harm they do as long as there is money in it. This attitude seems to be the rule rather than the exception. The tobacco interests, the sugar interests, the sellers of harmful food additives, the surgeons who talk their customers into unneeded surgery - the list seems endless. Fortunately, given a little help by determined activists, truth, more often than not, will prevail over lies.
To start off your visit to this site, and as a very graphic example of greed at its most glaring, I invite you to reflect on the attitude behind this gigantic, 12 foot by 40 foot billboard, erected by the "Marketing Department" of the Heart Center at Westmoreland Regional Hospital in Greensburg, PA. The picture was taken a few miles east of Greensburg along US Route 30. It features a locally-known saxophone player, Riggy LaVella, who is happily "back at work" after his triple bypass. Note that there is no mention of dietary or lifestyle changes to prevent heart disease. The obvious message is, "Come on in and get your bypass. We want the money!" This is a blight on the beautiful woodlands of Western Pennsylvania in more ways than one.
Although most people still continue to have a blind, but unjustified, faith in their doctors and the pharmaceutical industry, others have become so cynical that they suspect everyone of having evil motives, even those of us who are motivated only by a desire to share our knowledge in a compassionate attempt to counterbalance the exploiters and alleviate the misery of others. This site will attempt to bring together in one place those who share this "crusader" philosophy.
1) Nathan Pritikin: An American Hero
2) A Critique Of Holistic Health Care
3) Chemical Corporations Profit Off Breast Cancer
4) Stop Toenail Fungus
5) Health-oriented Information Sources
6) A Short History Of Medicine
7) The Ambulance Down In The Valley
8) The Overpopulation Menace
9) Catholic Hospital Mergers Threaten Reproductive Rights For Women
10) To Supplement Or Not To Supplement
11) The Infamous 1-2-3 Racket
12) Natural Hygiene
13) Dangers of Fluoridating Drinking Water
15) The Doctor/Patient Relationship: Let's Scrap It
16) Home Cholesterol Test Kits
Send questions and comments to: What Doctors Don't Tell You